Saturday, December 27, 2014

Dinner for Two- Roasted Butternut Squash over Cranberry Salad Accompanied by a Nice Juicy Steak

Dinner for Two

 Roasted Butternut Squash over Cranberry Salad 

Accompanied by a Nice Juicy Steak


One of the most wonderful all season dishes is Roasted Butternut Squash. I love it because it's one of the easiest side dishes I have ever made in such a short amount of time. 


I cut the top and bottom off the squash. I peeled, seeded and cut the squash in half. Then I cubed it and put a mixture of sugar, butter and spices in a bowl and mixed them up. Normally you would use olive oil, however I wanted a more buttery side dish.

 
I spread them out on the baking dish and threw them into the oven at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. They came out absolutely perfect! Soft and buttery...It's so basic I think anyone can make this side dish. 


I spooned the roasted squash onto a spinach salad that included blue cheese crumbles, almonds, cherry's and white wine vinaigrette dressing. I can say that my guests loved the meal that I prepared for them. It's always a good day when you get a good review...

As Always until next time, Happy Eating and Happy Cooking!


Just a side note to all of my readers:
When I started this blog, It was more about Food Blunders from local restaurants. I have come to realize, a complainer is not necessarily how I wanted my followers to see me. So I decided to change it up a little in 2015. I LOVE food and I love to tell people about food, gadgets and anything else that has to do with the kitchen. 

So to all of you who read my blog, Thank You for your support!


No comments:

Post a Comment