Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Mini Tuna and Veggie Pot Pies.. It's What's for Dinner!


Comfort Food on a Cold Winter Day




It's about 4 degrees here in the Midwest state of Indiana and the kids are on a 2 hour delay. This morning I was thinking about what to make for dinner.....while I was eating my delicious bowl of bran flakes in almond milk. 

I knew this kids would be hungry soon after homework, so I decided on a hot single serve dish. Mini tuna and vegetable pot pies just might hit the spot. They are easy to make with little ingredients.


This is a mixture of cream of chicken soup, tuna, mixed vegetables and biscuits. 


I made 2 different size mini pot pies. The smaller size for the kids and the larger size for the adults.


This is a pretty basic method. You roll the biscuits out to fit the pan and you press them into the pan. Then scoop the mixture into the sections and cover with another piece of dough. How easy is that! Well.... it may be easy but it's time consuming. It takes about 30 minutes to get these into the oven from start to finish.

The Finished Product


Was well worth the wait...


The crust is a buttery, flaky crust with a wonderful flavor.



The middle of the pie is the perfect compliment with it's warm vegetables covered in delicious thick creamy sauce.


Typically you see chicken in pot pies. I chose to use one can of tuna to give it a more hearty sauce. The tuna is also a great compliment as well especially if you like the taste. I recommend using tuna in oil. It simply has a better flavor in my opinion.


As always, Thanks a Bunch for reading my Blog and Happy Eating!!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment