Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Desire for a Culinary Masterpiece- Cheddar's Restaurant Review- Avon Indiana


Desire for a Culinary Masterpiece-
Cheddar's Restaurant Review-
Avon Indiana


Last year Cheddar's opened in Avon Indiana. Needless to say,  I have been waiting for the perfect time to visit the place everyone has been talking about.  So I walk in with my family and am greeted and immediately seated. This is a beautiful restaurant with a row of ceiling fans and a tank full of tropical fish

I opened the menu and there were lots of fun options, so I decide on the Fish Tacos. I am so excited to order but unfortunately the wait was almost too much to bare. It was about 15 minutes before the drinks were served. The restaurant was not busy, however our server seemed to be extremely interested in the 2 tables behind us. I wasn't sure we were ever going to get her attention.

So twenty five minutes into our experience, we finally received the queso and chips. The chips were stale and the queso tasted like velveeta and salsa heated in the microwave. It was clumpy and yellow. The last time I checked, Queso is white...




Sad to say that the chips were the best part of the meal.



Whatever happened to those chefs who put their heart and soul into their food. There was nothing about the food that made me feel as if I was special in any way. When I go out to eat, I make the choice not only because of the reviews but also on how packed the parking lot is.

I made a colossal mistake! This may have been the worst meal I have ever tasted. I took one bite of the taco and immediately put it right back down. The coleslaw was a culinary disaster. The flavor was clearly left somewhere in the kitchen. The tacos' were made with flour tortillas, a spicy ranch sauce and covered in cole slaw.... The same coleslaw that was served as a side dish.



First , let me just say... Fish Taco's aren't traditionally made with flour tortillas. A traditional fish taco is made with corn tortillas. cilantro, onions and a spritz of lime. Where were my wonderful fish tacos? Somewhere in a hole in the wall in Mexico!

The chef's have no heart! They have lost their love of the culinary arts. To serve what could possibly be considered "leftovers", is a disaster in my book. I wanted to see a more heartfelt display of culinary genius, but instead received a low budget meal that could have been bought in the freezer section of your local grocery store. There are no words to describe the disappointment.



Where are the Chef's of late? Where have all of those wonderful cooks and chefs who put their heart and soul into each plate served just for the pure enjoyment. Good food is nothing to shake a stick at. I am not the perfect chef, however if I had been in that restaurant, I would have made a culinary delight to satisfy any person on the planet..... Just saying :-)


A Colossal Midwest Food Blunder

Thank you all for reading my blog and as always.. Happy Eating!!



No comments:

Post a Comment