Saturday, April 25, 2015

Make Cool Treats with Your Kids- Sammy Makes Treats for His Brother



So I have to tell you this story...

Coming home from picking up the kids from school, Sammy says "Mom. I want to make something for my brother". He says.. It's super special and I saw it today in a book". He goes on to tell me why and what the treat is. Christopher had gotten into trouble last week at "Dad's" and he couldn't play on his Kindle and Sammy decided that he needed a little pick me up...

OK.. I ask him what the treat is and he says it's Star Wars R2-D2 treats made from bananas and chocolate. When I asked him what the recipe was he says "I don't know". Of course the next thing was to have him Google the recipe and he did :-)

I was so proud to see (with a little guidance) pulling up recipes online. 

We set off to the store with the list that he had complied from the internet recipe. He was so excited and actually shopped himself for all of the ingredients. Here is what we purchased for this treat.
Bananas
Chopped Pecans
White Chocolate Chips
KitKat bars


Preparing the Bananas for the white chocolate covering


Chopped and covered with the pecans


Attaching the Kit Kat bars to the sides with the melted white chocolate



~The Big Reveal~


What was a super cute request became such a proud moment for a doting mother. I love that it was his idea and he made it happen along with the help from my little foodie.

This blog is dedicated to all the little foodies out there!
Thank you Sammy and Christopher!
I love you


Thank you for reading my BLOG.... Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment