Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Cake is not just for special occasions :-))



Cake has been such a big part of our history. We make cake for so many different reasons. Birthdays and anniversaries are some of the more special occasions to make cake. There are so many different ways to make cake and frosting.

There are many different shows on Reality TV such as Cake Boss and Cupcake Wars. But one of the most recent was a show called "Georgetown Cupcakes"... They recently aired a show on making 10,000 cupcakes for the solders in Afghanistan.

Just an example of how cake can make an impact.

Making cake has been a great past time of mine. I opened my small Coffee Shop back in 2010 and I made a special cake especially for my customers. It's called Kentucky Butter Cake. I sold one of these everyday. I used to serve this cake with Carmel drizzled over each piece.

I recently purchased a cake pan especially to bake with my son's. I purchased a Nordic Ware Ice Cream Cone Cake Pan. You can purchase this pan at www.nordicware.com. I also purchased a Cuisipro Cupcake Corer. This item can be purchased at www.amazon.com or at any local culinary store.


It's always a special time when I bake with my sons. Today, Christopher was the only baker. We has such a great time mixing our batter and filling our cakes with the peach compote. I made a special banana cream cheese frosting that we froze to make look like real ice cream.

 
It was a great time with lots of blunders... When we frosted the first cupcake, the frosting melted all down the sides. So we had to let the frosting freeze just a bit longer. Christopher got to eat 2 of them before anyone else. He had such a great time. He loves to make food.
 
 
Until next time... Happy Eating :-))))
 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment