Thursday, May 23, 2013

The Lara Bar Challenge



Shopping in the grocery can be very tricky for me at times. I have food allergies and I have to stick to the diet for my blood type. I am not saying that is the case all of the time, but I do try to keep it consistent.

So walking down the Organic isle of the store, I come across these food bars. I am thinking "YUCK" but my friend says "Let's try them." We proceed to buy four different flavors of the food bar.

Priced at 1.00 each on special at Kroger
Key Lime Pie- Very Tasty and true to a key lime flavor.

Cherry Pie- Very dark and intensely flavorful.

Chocolate Chip Cherry Torte- Delicious chocolate cherry flavor.

Apple Pie- Not at all what I expected. The apple flavor is not present like it should be and it's a little bland for my taste.

We tried the bars and me being sceptical I thought I would not like them at all. BUT I love them! My friend however did not enjoy them at all. He said they reminded him of dog food.. I laughed quite loudly at that point but that did not detour me from making my second purchase of the food bars.

This is defiantly something I would promote for anyone who has food allergies or needs a gluten free snack that is decently priced.

Happy Shopping :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment