Thursday, June 6, 2013

Breakfast of Champions! Gluten and Dairy Free :)


Try a NON Dairy Fruit Smoothie Today





NON DAIRY MILK ALTERNATIVE'S



I have been exploring the world of Gluten free foods and Dairy free milks. I have noticed that most of them have little flavor. Especially the pre made frozen dinners you get in the Organic section of the grocery store. If I am going to eat, it has to have lots of flavor and texture.

I have been testing out different brands of Soy, Almond and Coconut milks. Two in particular are Silk and Simple Truth Organic. The most important thing to me is health. But I would like to have lots of flavor in the healthy foods I am eating.

Let's start with the Silk brand dairy free milks. The Vanilla Soy is quite thick in texture. It has a very vanilla flavor. The downside is the grainy after taste.The Chocolate Soy has a good flavor as well. It has a bit of the grainy after taste, but nothing like the Vanilla. I like to drink soy rather than use it in my cereals.

The Silk brand Almond milks have a better taste and no grainy after taste. The Vanilla has a very true flavor. The Chocolate has a very bold flavor but is not a true chocolate. It's more of a Carob flavoring . Both have a light texture and are suitable for use in cereal.

The Vanilla Coconut milk is very light in flavor and texture with no aftertaste. With 90 calories per serving, this is the perfect choice for use in several different applications. Mix in the blender with some fresh fruit and Ice. You will have yourself a great summertime treat.







The Simple Truth Organic brand of Dairy Free milks have a light and airy flavoring. I prefer this brand over all others.

The Vanilla Soy has a super Vanilla taste. Again the downside is the grainy aftertaste. It's certainly not as thick as the Silk brand. The Chocolate Soy has a rich chocolate flavor much like chocolate milk. The flavor is outstanding.

The Vanilla Coconut milk has a very light vanilla flavor and is suitable for every application. The texture is light and has no aftertaste. The Chocolate Coconut milk has a rich bold chocolate flavor that is unmatched. It is so similar to REAL chocolate milk that you can't even tell it's not. I prefer to drink this or use this over my cereal.



GLUTEN FREE CEREAL


My personal favorite is Mom's Best Cereal Brand of all gluten free cereals. My personal choice is the Crispy Cocoa rice. It's like eating a bowl of Chocolate Rice Krispies . You know, the cereal your mom would never let you get because she thought it had WAY to much sugar in it. Well, as a child I loved Chocolate Rice Krispies and this is the best and closest alternative. I give this brand an A+ in flavor, texture and price.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment