Saturday, June 8, 2013

Down Home Cookin! Just like Aunt Bea :-)

 
Today I got to visit Famous Dave's Grill for lunch. When you walk in, it has an old time country feel to it. There are old black and white pictures of Plainfield, IN. That is the town I currently reside in. I like this little town. It has a Old/New feel to it. I just so happen to live in the Old part of town.
Not too long ago they refurbished a ton of the older buildings in this part of town. The Superbowl was held in Indianapolis and they decided that our town needed a bit of updating. Famous Dave's Grill came along about the time the refurbishment started.
I have visited once or twice before for breakfast. Today I decided on lunch. I had a Taco Salad! No meat of course, but I did splurge and eat some of the tomato. As you all know, I have dedicated myself to eating as healthy as possible. Today, I added in a few cheats. Today I decided that ranch dressing would go well as it's much better for me than a vinaigrette.
The Taco Salad was very beautiful in presentation. It was filled with lots of green lettuce, tomatoes, beans and cheese. The sides of the bowl were filled with taco style chips. I was a delight to my eyes. The salad was topped with jalapenos which of course I had to remove as I am not allowed any type of pepper or pepper sauce.
I also ordered a cinnamon roll. They have the most wonderful taste but I did find out they are not made in house. That was a bit of a disappointment for sure. However, it was very delightful as far as taste goes. They roll was small but filled with lots of flavor. It was served piping hot and the icing was dripping down the sides. I would say that it was not as good as a Cinnabon, but could definitely be in the running.
My friend had the Santa Fe breakfast. It was served with a side of biscuits and gravy. The biscuits were homemade and very fresh. In my experience, when you order biscuits, they are very hard on the outside. These were soft on the inside with the perfect outside. The downside is they were a bit dry. It seems that if a bit more butter was used during the preparation, they would have been perfect.
The Santa Fe Omelet was served with hash browns. In one word, Delicioso! The omelet was light, fluffy and full of meat and veggies. The hash browns were well done, but not overly done like some places. Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. I was impressed. It was definitely some down home cookin!
On a side note...
As you all know, I am all about customer service. The service is this little diner was as wonderful as the food. If you have a chance, you should stop in. The down home feeling you get from the regulars is just like you would get from Aunt Bea :)
Happy Eating Folks!








No comments:

Post a Comment