Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Think "OUTSIDE" Your Ice Box :-)


Healthy eating can be a challenge at best. Here's a scenario... You're at home and all the tasks on your list have been completed. Now it's time for lunch.. Hungry and have no taste for anything special. Take a look in your ice box! Pull a few things out and put them together.

I have a few motto's in life and one of the biggest is "Think Outside The Box". Some of the most fabulous meals have come from just throwing things together. The best salads and recipes have come from making use of what is already in the ice box. There is nothing better than making use of what you already have. AND it saves time and money.

This particular meal is not the best looking meal, however it was absolutely delicious! My dear friend and I were in the kitchen and she and I decide we are hungry. So we both come up with things that are already in the ice box. She pulls out the pre made turkey patties, veggie patties, avocado, tomato, onion and of course the Deli Flats from Pepperidge Farms. They are 100 calories a slice and are perfect for someone who is trying to cut out bread.

As a condiment, we used garlic hummus. Not everyone likes hummus but I find it to be the perfect solution to using mayo and other condiments that just so happen to not be in my plan, Two perfect meals for two different eating plans. Healthy and tasty!

For those of you who are wondering what I ate... Well I decided that today I would have a veggie patty topped with hummus and avocado with a few avocado slices on the side. Very simple and very tasty. My dear friend had a 100 calorie Deli Flat from Pepperidge Farms with hummus, turkey patty, onion, tomato and avocado. Again simple and delicious.

Healthy eating requires some very simple steps.. It starts at the grocery store. Just making simple changes in your grocery shopping can make a big difference in your life.

 
Happy Healthy Eating 

No comments:

Post a Comment