Sunday, June 30, 2013

Fresh Apricot's, Sweet Cakes and Coconut Cream

 

Fresh Apricot's and Sweet Cakes with Coconut Cream

 
Sitting in the wonderful breeze today, my mind was running over and over... I want to make a super tasty treat for the boys'!! My neighbor/best friends tree was looking pretty full of apricots, so I decided I was going to make some jam. Then while I was looking up the recipe for the jam, my mind went to this wilton® brownie cup pan that I used not too long ago for some strawberry shortcakes.
 
I decided that I would make up my own tasty treat. :-) I went into the kitchen and got to work. I started with the sweet cakes. I whipped up a gluten free pancake mix and added some sweetener. Then I pulled out my wilton® brownie cup pan and filled it up and baked them at 350 degrees till golden brown. (about 20 minutes).
 
I then got to work on the Apricot filling. I cleaned and pitted the mini apricots and sliced them into small pieces. I added 1/4 cup of Stevia and cooked them on low until they were a Carmel glaze of yummy goodness. Tasting is my favorite part. I say, if the taste of Stevia isn't your style, then add 3/4 cup of sugar.
 

   
 
While I let the Apricot compote cool a bit, I decided to make a Coconut Cream. I used 1 1/2 cups of Coconut Milk, Stevia and 2 pkg of Knox Original Unflavored Gelatin in the blender to make sure all the ingredients were well blended.(Make sure to follow the direction on the gelatin box) I put the coconut mix in the refrigerator for about 3 hours. The mix wasn't quite right, so I put it in the freezer for about 1/2 an hour more and it was the perfect consistency for the cakes.
 
The final result... A tasty, tangy and sweet treat treat fit for any sweet tooth. The boys' ate their treats when they came back from their swim time at the local Creek(water hole). What a fun day it has been!

 
Happy Eating :-))

No comments:

Post a Comment