Monday, June 17, 2013

Saturday Morning Crepes

Saturday Morning Crepes

Today was the day for something special. My dear friend and I were going to make these Friday morning when we had our usual coffee time. However, it was just not the day for making anything. I work 2nd shift and she works 3rd shift. So we were both beat!

So we decided Saturday was definitely the day for making a good breakfast. Crepe's were made with a Gluten free pancake mix. I picked this one up at the local grocery store. It seemed to work out just fine. We used Almond milk and egg substitute for the dairy free part of the recipe.


This is the first time I have ever made crepes without a crepe pan. We used Paula Dean Signature Porcelain Cookware. We used the 10" inch skillet for the crepes and the 2.75 qt saute pan for the hash browns.

Once the crepes were done and the potatoes had browned, we plated them up with some Nutella (hazelnut and cocoa spread) and Strawberry Preserves. We topped them with powdered sugar and lemon zest.



The final result... A gluten free crepe that was fabulously fluffy,tasty and very close to the real thing. My dear friend  ate the potatoes since they are no longer on my plan. Her comments were they were crisp and tasty. All in all I would say that this was a successful cooking experience with two very enthused Foodies!

Happy Eating Friends :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment